|
♠/ UNFOLD
Pui Ee
4th October 1988
Singapore // KL
♠/ SAY IT
♠/ CREDITS
designer: darkdegree
partofthecodes: detonatedlove
brushes:jc.net
images: moargh
textues: peachinparis
icons: threemoresteps
|
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Yellowstone Week 1 /
2:43 AM
106 days ago [5th May 2008], Sze Ying, Terence, Evelyn, Kyla and I left Singapore and our journey to the States began. Yin Mun, Quen Seng, Ee Venn and Daryl sent me off at the airport, even though we already made a trip there the previous day to send Rachel and An Yi off.. Thanks darlings! Really appreciate it :)  We took 4 flights in total - from Singapore to Taiwan, then to San Francisco, and finally Bozeman. We even had to spend a night at the San Francisco airport! We arrived the next morning and spent our first day getting our administrative work done. We were all working at Old Faithful Inn, but I was the only one who worked as a server assistant. I had a pumpkin-coloured uniform and I had to tie up my hair for work - I looked like I was back in secondary school all over again!  First I stayed with Kyla & Evelyn in room 234 at Laurel. We even had a walk-in closet! But I preferred the layout of a double room instead of a triple room so I ended up moving into room 104 with Sze Ying when there were empty rooms available. It was fun because Terence & Kai Lun were our neighbours on the left and Dawn & Louise were our neighbours on the right! :D  The highlight of my first week in Yellowstone was definitely the snow. Never did get the chance to see snow prior to this. I love the fresh layers of snow, but I hate it when it turns to slush. Or when there's dirt all over the snow and it ends up looking like (as what Kai Lun would say) McDonald's Oreo McFlurry. It must have been quite a sight to see how thrilled we were to be playing in the snow.. Cold as it was, we still threw snowballs at each other and made snow angels!  And so, that was a little on my first week in Yellowstone.. Will write about my second week when I'm done with my assignments!
|
/ about me
I'm just an ordinary girl who is blessed with extraordinary people in my life. I have a very supportive family, and living away from
them makes me cherish and love them even more. I have an amazing boyfriend who thinks that I am a piggy but he is my pillar of strength and I love
him very, very much. My best friends are scattered across the world (in KL, Glasgow & London) but no matter the distance, we're always there for
each other. I like to bake. A lot. I don't usually eat much of what I make though, and I'm still trying to be better at it. I like
looking at pretty things - clothes, bags, scrapbook material, typical girls' stuff. I love breakfasts and am always willing to wake up early for it, whether
it's dim sum or kopitiam breakfast or American breakfast. My boyfriend cooks a very mean breakfast! (:
 sparklers, traveling, swimming, yoga, xoxo
 rainbows, snail mail, beaches, pedicures
 tofu, salmon sashimi, Asian cuisine, desserts
 milk, coffee, bubble tea, green tea
 jason mraz, paramore, marie digby (and a lot more)
 the time traveler's wife by audrey niffenegger
 october 4, 1988
gmail and twitter
|
|
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Yellowstone Week 1 /
2:43 AM
106 days ago [5th May 2008], Sze Ying, Terence, Evelyn, Kyla and I left Singapore and our journey to the States began. Yin Mun, Quen Seng, Ee Venn and Daryl sent me off at the airport, even though we already made a trip there the previous day to send Rachel and An Yi off.. Thanks darlings! Really appreciate it :)  We took 4 flights in total - from Singapore to Taiwan, then to San Francisco, and finally Bozeman. We even had to spend a night at the San Francisco airport! We arrived the next morning and spent our first day getting our administrative work done. We were all working at Old Faithful Inn, but I was the only one who worked as a server assistant. I had a pumpkin-coloured uniform and I had to tie up my hair for work - I looked like I was back in secondary school all over again!  First I stayed with Kyla & Evelyn in room 234 at Laurel. We even had a walk-in closet! But I preferred the layout of a double room instead of a triple room so I ended up moving into room 104 with Sze Ying when there were empty rooms available. It was fun because Terence & Kai Lun were our neighbours on the left and Dawn & Louise were our neighbours on the right! :D  The highlight of my first week in Yellowstone was definitely the snow. Never did get the chance to see snow prior to this. I love the fresh layers of snow, but I hate it when it turns to slush. Or when there's dirt all over the snow and it ends up looking like (as what Kai Lun would say) McDonald's Oreo McFlurry. It must have been quite a sight to see how thrilled we were to be playing in the snow.. Cold as it was, we still threw snowballs at each other and made snow angels!  And so, that was a little on my first week in Yellowstone.. Will write about my second week when I'm done with my assignments!
|
|