|
♠/ UNFOLD
Pui Ee
4th October 1988
Singapore // KL
♠/ SAY IT
♠/ CREDITS
designer: darkdegree
partofthecodes: detonatedlove
brushes:jc.net
images: moargh
textues: peachinparis
icons: threemoresteps
|
Monday, September 8, 2008
Yellowstone Week 8 /
10:38 PM
My Yellowstone posts are so lagging! Argh. Anyway, this week is my favourite of all!  Faith and I went to Grand Tetons National Park with a bunch of other Old Faithful & Grant employees. We had a picnic lunch there and then took a short hike around Leigh Lake. The view of the Tetons was A-MA-ZING. Rachel brought us there and we hiked till we reached a small stretch of sand a.k.a. East Shore Beach. The view of Mount Moran in the background with the crystal clear blue of the lake made the whole day perfect. Even though mosquitoes were feeding on my blood. I love nature in its beauty. (:  And we made the best roadtrip of my life to Mt Rushmore! All thanks to KL. He drove for about 10 hours in total, all by himself. We were really hyped up in the car and were chattering nonstop.. Until our energy levels started dying down and one by one we started dozing off. Oops. I have no idea how KL managed to stay up throughout the entire night driving in the darkness. We made stops at a few places along the way - Buffalo Bill State Park, Cody, Greybull, Sheridan, Gilette, Moorcroft and finally, we reached Devil's Tower at 6am!  When we were at Cody, we went to Walmart to get food and utensils for our breakfast picnic. We had strawberries, cookies and popcorn (which didn't really pop AND got burnt) while preparing our main breakfast - chicken curry and bak kut teh! Oh, how we missed our yummy local food. It was a very satisfying breakfast heh.  After breakfast we drove to Rapid City to look for accommodation for the night. We got a place to stay at EconoLodge! Then we went to look for food again, lol. Chinese food for lunch this time! It wasn't too bad.. The girls loved the fortune cookies. *grin And then we made our way to Mt. Rushmore! We got to enter the memorial for free since we were Xanterra employees. The carvings were smaller than I imagined, but still impressive! Sadly it rained after dinner so the light show at night was cancelled..  After a good night's sleep on proper beds instead of in the car, we were feeling really refreshed. EconoLodge offered free continental breakfast, but boy were we conned. I never want to eat continental breakfasts ever again! The food was worse than our Employee Dining Room's. Gross. Checked out of our motel and made our way to Wind Cave National Park.. Stopped by the Crazy Horse first and just took pictures of it from the outside. Then dropped by Custer for lunch, before finally making our way to Wind Cave National Park.  It took us quite a while to locate the visitor center, but we finally found it and managed to sign up for the Fairgrounds Cave Tour. It was really cool. It's really cold underground! The caves here are different from the usual - there are tons of boxwork (unusual cave formation composed of thin calcite fins resembling honeycombs), popcorn and frostwork here. The caves here are so extensive that till today, no one knows how big it really is!  After the tour, we had to go back to Yellowstone. Another long journey in the car. We only reached Yellowstone at 6am in the morning! We were all really drained from the road trip, and still had to work on that day itself! Luckily I was only working dinner shift that day so I could sleep for a few hours first. But it was no doubt the best road trip I've ever had. *smiles*
|
/ about me
I'm just an ordinary girl who is blessed with extraordinary people in my life. I have a very supportive family, and living away from
them makes me cherish and love them even more. I have an amazing boyfriend who thinks that I am a piggy but he is my pillar of strength and I love
him very, very much. My best friends are scattered across the world (in KL, Glasgow & London) but no matter the distance, we're always there for
each other. I like to bake. A lot. I don't usually eat much of what I make though, and I'm still trying to be better at it. I like
looking at pretty things - clothes, bags, scrapbook material, typical girls' stuff. I love breakfasts and am always willing to wake up early for it, whether
it's dim sum or kopitiam breakfast or American breakfast. My boyfriend cooks a very mean breakfast! (:
 sparklers, traveling, swimming, yoga, xoxo
 rainbows, snail mail, beaches, pedicures
 tofu, salmon sashimi, Asian cuisine, desserts
 milk, coffee, bubble tea, green tea
 jason mraz, paramore, marie digby (and a lot more)
 the time traveler's wife by audrey niffenegger
 october 4, 1988
gmail and twitter
|
|
Monday, September 8, 2008
Yellowstone Week 8 /
10:38 PM
My Yellowstone posts are so lagging! Argh. Anyway, this week is my favourite of all!  Faith and I went to Grand Tetons National Park with a bunch of other Old Faithful & Grant employees. We had a picnic lunch there and then took a short hike around Leigh Lake. The view of the Tetons was A-MA-ZING. Rachel brought us there and we hiked till we reached a small stretch of sand a.k.a. East Shore Beach. The view of Mount Moran in the background with the crystal clear blue of the lake made the whole day perfect. Even though mosquitoes were feeding on my blood. I love nature in its beauty. (:  And we made the best roadtrip of my life to Mt Rushmore! All thanks to KL. He drove for about 10 hours in total, all by himself. We were really hyped up in the car and were chattering nonstop.. Until our energy levels started dying down and one by one we started dozing off. Oops. I have no idea how KL managed to stay up throughout the entire night driving in the darkness. We made stops at a few places along the way - Buffalo Bill State Park, Cody, Greybull, Sheridan, Gilette, Moorcroft and finally, we reached Devil's Tower at 6am!  When we were at Cody, we went to Walmart to get food and utensils for our breakfast picnic. We had strawberries, cookies and popcorn (which didn't really pop AND got burnt) while preparing our main breakfast - chicken curry and bak kut teh! Oh, how we missed our yummy local food. It was a very satisfying breakfast heh.  After breakfast we drove to Rapid City to look for accommodation for the night. We got a place to stay at EconoLodge! Then we went to look for food again, lol. Chinese food for lunch this time! It wasn't too bad.. The girls loved the fortune cookies. *grin And then we made our way to Mt. Rushmore! We got to enter the memorial for free since we were Xanterra employees. The carvings were smaller than I imagined, but still impressive! Sadly it rained after dinner so the light show at night was cancelled..  After a good night's sleep on proper beds instead of in the car, we were feeling really refreshed. EconoLodge offered free continental breakfast, but boy were we conned. I never want to eat continental breakfasts ever again! The food was worse than our Employee Dining Room's. Gross. Checked out of our motel and made our way to Wind Cave National Park.. Stopped by the Crazy Horse first and just took pictures of it from the outside. Then dropped by Custer for lunch, before finally making our way to Wind Cave National Park.  It took us quite a while to locate the visitor center, but we finally found it and managed to sign up for the Fairgrounds Cave Tour. It was really cool. It's really cold underground! The caves here are different from the usual - there are tons of boxwork (unusual cave formation composed of thin calcite fins resembling honeycombs), popcorn and frostwork here. The caves here are so extensive that till today, no one knows how big it really is!  After the tour, we had to go back to Yellowstone. Another long journey in the car. We only reached Yellowstone at 6am in the morning! We were all really drained from the road trip, and still had to work on that day itself! Luckily I was only working dinner shift that day so I could sleep for a few hours first. But it was no doubt the best road trip I've ever had. *smiles*
|
|