<body>







profilelinksarchiveentries
♠/ UNFOLD

Pui Ee
4th October 1988
Singapore // KL


♠/ SAY IT



♠/ CREDITS
designer: darkdegree
partofthecodes: detonatedlove
brushes:jc.net
images: moargh
textues: peachinparis
icons: threemoresteps

Sunday, March 29, 2009
The Importance of Being Earnest / 4:36 PM

If it weren't for the annual A-Levels production in my college in which I was a part of back in December 2004, I would have never heard of Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest. And no, obviously I did not act - I can't act to save my life if you must know - but I was part of the crew assisting with the whole production.

Anyway, I bet most people have not heard of it! Wen Ni, Grace and I went to the Drama Centre Theatre together to catch the show on Wednesday night. It was light-hearted fun! We were seated in the second row and the show started off with musical accompaniment from the T'ang Quartet and Hossan Leong (who acted as Miss Prism) handing out cucumber sandwiches (it might not sound very pleasant but I assure you that it tasted otherwise) to those seated in the front. Yay to good tickets!

Oh and yes. The whole show was brought to us by an all-male cast. To be truthful, I still can't decide whether it was a really interesting concept, or whether it gave me goosebumps. Ivan Heng and Hossan Leong were especially girly! But whether it worked or not, there was no doubt that the chemistry among the actors was amazing. We were constantly laughing from all the witty exchanges!

The 2 hour adventure of mixed identities came to an end fairly quickly and reality sank in - the time for relaxation is over and it's time to hit the books again. Oh well. It was nice to be out on a weekday for a change. :)