<body>







profilelinksarchiveentries
♠/ UNFOLD

Pui Ee
4th October 1988
Singapore // KL


♠/ SAY IT



♠/ CREDITS
designer: darkdegree
partofthecodes: detonatedlove
brushes:jc.net
images: moargh
textues: peachinparis
icons: threemoresteps

Monday, June 1, 2009
iPaLs Reunion / 1:08 PM

Whee! Last Friday night the iPaLs had dinner together at Waraku. We had a Japanese-style private room to ourselves which was rather cosy! Service was questionable especially since I had to request for a green tea refill countless times before I actually got it, and also our waitress served one of the mains wrongly only to realize it later AND still had the nerve to sound my friend for eating it without realizing that it was the wrong dish. Geez.

It was exactly 2 years ago on that day that we left for Mongolia together and spent 3 happy weeks there! Ok, work was tough. We were free labour and the weather was unpredictable. We ate the same food for lunch every single day. But it still brings good memories! E.g. first time horse riding, first time eating authentic Mongolian food. Speaking of which, who the heck came up with Mongolian BBQ?? They don't eat that in Mongolia! What they really eat is a lot of beef & mutton. Vegetables are very expensive there. And it's very hard to find chicken & pork meat there too!

Haha gosh I remember the first time we had a taste of their food made for us by the locals.. The mutton had a very strong smell to it so not everyone could stomach it down. Bottom line is, we needed a little getting used to before we could truly enjoy the food. I remember liking their milk tea but I can't really remember how it tastes like anymore.. :( But what I miss most from Mongolia is the boortsog.. It's a type of deep fried snack which u dip in sugar before eating. It reminds me of churros!

Anyway, only 11 out of 16 for us made it for the dinner. Evelyn's in Paris, Guat Sim's in Germany, Kanni is recuperating from her surgery, Dawn was busy and Lina has been MIA! We're gonna meet up again in August hopefully :)