|
♠/ UNFOLD
Pui Ee
4th October 1988
Singapore // KL
♠/ SAY IT
♠/ CREDITS
designer: darkdegree
partofthecodes: detonatedlove
brushes:jc.net
images: moargh
textues: peachinparis
icons: threemoresteps
|
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sun With Moon /
10:45 AM
Yu Wen and I finally went on our Sun With Moon date on Saturday night! We've talked about it for months and have been putting it on hold for so long already. We decided on going to the one at The Central and it was definitely a good choice! Aside from the fact that we were SO blur and did not realize that it was the last day of the Singapore River Festival and we could have gone on the river taxi for free. I doubt I would pay to sit on it but if it's free, why not right?? And also we missed out on the illusionist performance where a duo performed 15 illusions in five minutes which was just going on next to the restaurant!  Anyway, blurness aside, I had a good time catching up with the girl. There were so many things on the menu and we couldn't decide on what to eat so we decided to pick dishes that are recommended. So we started our dinner with a rainbow roll (crab & mango sushi roll with avocado) which was good, but I think there could have been more crab in it.. Followed by a teppanyaki dish of which I cannot remember its name! But it was basically half a potato with 7 skewers consisting of meat, mushroom, capsicum, etc poked into it. As interesting as it looked, it tasted pretty mediocre.. Or maybe it was because we were busy talking and it got cold. My favourite was the beef kamameshi with raw egg! It's traditional steamed seasoned rice pot - pretty similar to claypot rice. I've heard about this dish before because it's presented covered with an hour glass on top! So once all the sand has transferred from to the bottom of the hour glass, then the kamameshi is ready to be eaten. Yums! Lastly for dessert, we had tofu cheesecake and murasaki imo monburan (purple sweet potato with water chestnut pie). The tofu cheesecake was presented with a little cage thingie but the waitress took it away after she laid the plate down on the table so we didn't get to have any pictures of it! Boo. The latter was a yummy surprise. The tartlet shell had custard, water chestnut and cream laced by the purple sweet potato. Mmm. I guess the plus point about this restaurant is their presentation of food and good service. The food arrived really quickly after we had placed our orders, and the waiters somehow always appear just as I had finished my cup of green tea. We were lucky (and quite surprised) that the place wasn't very packed that night and that is how we ended up spending our whole night chatting there without even realizing how fast time was passing by. We also went by the G-Max Reverse Bungy and the new GX-5 Xtreme Swing before heading back.. Watching the people scream brings back memories of our own reverse bungy back in 2007 haha. Eh I just realized my whole post sounded more like a food review. Oops. Anyway, it's a nice place to splurge at once in a while, with nice ambience to boot. Next time I'd try the sukiyaki. :D
|
/ about me
I'm just an ordinary girl who is blessed with extraordinary people in my life. I have a very supportive family, and living away from
them makes me cherish and love them even more. I have an amazing boyfriend who thinks that I am a piggy but he is my pillar of strength and I love
him very, very much. My best friends are scattered across the world (in KL, Glasgow & London) but no matter the distance, we're always there for
each other. I like to bake. A lot. I don't usually eat much of what I make though, and I'm still trying to be better at it. I like
looking at pretty things - clothes, bags, scrapbook material, typical girls' stuff. I love breakfasts and am always willing to wake up early for it, whether
it's dim sum or kopitiam breakfast or American breakfast. My boyfriend cooks a very mean breakfast! (:
 sparklers, traveling, swimming, yoga, xoxo
 rainbows, snail mail, beaches, pedicures
 tofu, salmon sashimi, Asian cuisine, desserts
 milk, coffee, bubble tea, green tea
 jason mraz, paramore, marie digby (and a lot more)
 the time traveler's wife by audrey niffenegger
 october 4, 1988
gmail and twitter
|
|
Monday, June 29, 2009
Sun With Moon /
10:45 AM
Yu Wen and I finally went on our Sun With Moon date on Saturday night! We've talked about it for months and have been putting it on hold for so long already. We decided on going to the one at The Central and it was definitely a good choice! Aside from the fact that we were SO blur and did not realize that it was the last day of the Singapore River Festival and we could have gone on the river taxi for free. I doubt I would pay to sit on it but if it's free, why not right?? And also we missed out on the illusionist performance where a duo performed 15 illusions in five minutes which was just going on next to the restaurant!  Anyway, blurness aside, I had a good time catching up with the girl. There were so many things on the menu and we couldn't decide on what to eat so we decided to pick dishes that are recommended. So we started our dinner with a rainbow roll (crab & mango sushi roll with avocado) which was good, but I think there could have been more crab in it.. Followed by a teppanyaki dish of which I cannot remember its name! But it was basically half a potato with 7 skewers consisting of meat, mushroom, capsicum, etc poked into it. As interesting as it looked, it tasted pretty mediocre.. Or maybe it was because we were busy talking and it got cold. My favourite was the beef kamameshi with raw egg! It's traditional steamed seasoned rice pot - pretty similar to claypot rice. I've heard about this dish before because it's presented covered with an hour glass on top! So once all the sand has transferred from to the bottom of the hour glass, then the kamameshi is ready to be eaten. Yums! Lastly for dessert, we had tofu cheesecake and murasaki imo monburan (purple sweet potato with water chestnut pie). The tofu cheesecake was presented with a little cage thingie but the waitress took it away after she laid the plate down on the table so we didn't get to have any pictures of it! Boo. The latter was a yummy surprise. The tartlet shell had custard, water chestnut and cream laced by the purple sweet potato. Mmm. I guess the plus point about this restaurant is their presentation of food and good service. The food arrived really quickly after we had placed our orders, and the waiters somehow always appear just as I had finished my cup of green tea. We were lucky (and quite surprised) that the place wasn't very packed that night and that is how we ended up spending our whole night chatting there without even realizing how fast time was passing by. We also went by the G-Max Reverse Bungy and the new GX-5 Xtreme Swing before heading back.. Watching the people scream brings back memories of our own reverse bungy back in 2007 haha. Eh I just realized my whole post sounded more like a food review. Oops. Anyway, it's a nice place to splurge at once in a while, with nice ambience to boot. Next time I'd try the sukiyaki. :D
|
|