<body>







profilelinksarchiveentries
♠/ UNFOLD

Pui Ee
4th October 1988
Singapore // KL


♠/ SAY IT



♠/ CREDITS
designer: darkdegree
partofthecodes: detonatedlove
brushes:jc.net
images: moargh
textues: peachinparis
icons: threemoresteps

Monday, August 24, 2009
Astro-Palmistry / 6:24 PM

Last week was the Welcome Week in uni and there were many CCA booths and retail booths all around campus. But I think one of the most popular booths was the astro-palmistry one! Sounds quite cool to have someone tell you a bit about your future based on what he can read from your palm isn't it?

Palmistry actually originated from India. The belief is that your palm is like a computer printout of your mind - both conscious and subconscious. Millions of sensory receptors flow through your body and one-third go to your palms. Consequently, what you think is said to be reflected in your hands.

I won't lie and say "Pooh! Who would believe in such a thing?!" and admit that I have gone for it once, 1.5 years ago. Back then the booth was at the NIE campus and probably wasn't as popular as it is now.. Back then it was cheaper too. :P It was kinda fun to hear about my "destiny". Of course I actually totally forgot about it and only thought about it again when my friends told me about their experience this year.

So anyway, just for fun, here's some of the things I was told!
1. Intelligent, efficient etc. (Is he saying this just to make me happy ar??)
2. Low resistance to temptation (Hard to believe when I'm always caving in to buy clothes/bags/etc)
3. Will deal with glamour in the future (He said the exact same thing to Wenz and Evelyn..)
4. Control freak (WHERE GOT? *sad*)
5. Will marry at ages XX, XX or XX and should marry someone who is similar to me (ambitious, intelligent, etc)

Ok la actually got more but I don't want to disclose all. :P At the end of the palm reading session, I was recommended to have my palms read or checked every six months due to systematic change of the lines on my palms.. At that time I doubted that I'll ever go back and till this day, I have not. I guess ultimately, I'm still a skeptic and will still believe in myself more than what is "written" in my palms.. I'd rather use the money for good food! :P