<body>







profilelinksarchiveentries
♠/ UNFOLD

Pui Ee
4th October 1988
Singapore // KL


♠/ SAY IT



♠/ CREDITS
designer: darkdegree
partofthecodes: detonatedlove
brushes:jc.net
images: moargh
textues: peachinparis
icons: threemoresteps

Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Playing Tourists / 12:39 PM

Another backdated entry! This one's of Ashley & Lixian's 4D/3N trip to Singapore over the National Day weekend.. I haven't seen them both in a year till that Saturday that I picked them up from the Harbour Front Centre. It was Ash's maiden trip to Singapore and I was sorta playing tour guide. Actually, when they told me to "set out an itinerary" for them, I was at lost about what to do. It's Singapore after all, and it's just another city..

Tourist things we did:

1. Clarke Quay
We went there on their first night here. We had dinner at Sun With Moon - I finally got to try their beef sukiyaki! And then we walked around the area, watched people do the extreme reverse bungee, and then finally settled down at Nectarie. Their desserts look really pretty and taste as good as they look. Just a little on the expensive side, maybe. We just chilled there for the night and caught up. They loved it there! I guess the major plus point is that you feel very safe there, unlike in KL.

2. Orchard Road
We went there on National Day! Well, first the both of them followed Xian's friend to church. Haha imagine that. Xian has not been to church in 4 years and her first time back was in Singapore. :P Anyway, I met them at Suntec City after the service and we had lunch there before shopping. Our best buy of the day was definitely our Havaianas! We got them at 50% off due to National Day promotions. :D Other than that we just explored the shops a little before their next activity.

3. Reverse Bungee & NDP fireworks
Our original plan of the night was to go to the Night Safari but we changed our minds at the very last minute. The both of them decided to spend their money on the reverse bungee at Clarke Quay instead! It reminded me of my own reverse bungee 2 years back. Fun fun! But I would only pay for it once. While we were there we saw the helicopters carrying the Singapore flag as part of the National Day Parade show. And we also had our budget McDonald's dinner on the bridge whilst waiting to catch the fireworks. Lo and behold, the fireworks were blocked by the buildings nearby! We still managed to catch a bit of the fireworks after we moved to a better spot. The fireworks display was way too short. :(

4. Mount Faber
Ashley's LSE friends drove us to Mount Faber and we just chilled at Jewel Box. The ambience there is not bad, but it's not very accessible unless you have a car. The entire place was set amidst lush tropical foliage and we had an overview of Keppel Harbour and Sentosa Island below. We fell in love with the toilet! Haha it was gorgeous and we took many pictures there. :X

5. Sentosa Island
Our most touristy day was spent at Sentosa! Our spirits were dampened by the rain that did not stop till mid-afternoon. So in the end, after having brunch at Delifrance, we bought tickets for the Underwater World and the Dolphin Lagoon. Went to see the pink dolphin show first and lucky Ash got to go into the waters and touch the dolphin! After that we went to see the Underwater World - kinda disappointed by the size though. It was so much smaller than I remembered! And then after that we went to see a 4D Magix show. That was quite cool because of all the environmental effects (such as water spraying at you), but again, only a one-time thing for me.

6. Holland Village
For their last dinner in Singapore, we headed to Roof Terrace Cafe in Holland Village. I didn't know that there was a restaurant there and again, it was another place with great ambience. Meet Xian's Michigan Uni friend for a short chat at Wala Wala later on and we headed back early for the night. Too tired from a long day of activities.



On their last day here I couldn't join them as I had some important things to do for uni. But they did more tourist things like visiting the Merlion and the Fountain of Wealth! Hahaha. (: Thanks for visiting me girls!

P.S.: You can view the complete set of my Vietnam holiday photos here and here.