|
♠/ UNFOLD
Pui Ee
4th October 1988
Singapore // KL
♠/ SAY IT
♠/ CREDITS
designer: darkdegree
partofthecodes: detonatedlove
brushes:jc.net
images: moargh
textues: peachinparis
icons: threemoresteps
|
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Up, Up And Away! /
9:33 AM
Up has been out in the U.S. since 29th of May 2009 and ever since then I've been dying to watch it. But poor us had to wait till August for the movie to be released here!! Out of desperation, we actually caught a bit of it online from some random website but the quality was so bad, and we could only watch about 15 minutes of the movie before we were told that we had to pay to continue watching the movie! Roar. But I'm so glad we caught it in the cinemas instead last evening. Watching the cranky Carl and the innocent, chubby Russell on screens was sooo much better. As buoyant and richly tinted as the balloons that figure so prominently in its story, Up is also thoroughly grounded in real emotion and ideas of substance. The movie started off with a wordless 4-minute montage that traces the entire relationship between Carl and Ellie, overfilling with emotions. It was so heartwarming to watch the amazing love between the two of them, so strong and able to withstand anything at all. And the rest of the movie is a tremendous tale of unfulfilled dreams and fulfilling promises..  It was really cute to see Carl's house being lifted into the air by thousands of balloons, and then finding out that his solitude in the air was taken away by the presence of Russell hanging on to dear life outside his front door. And miraculously, they survived a storm and made it to Paradise Falls, Venezuela. Ellie's life long dream. Pretty soon they were joined by Kevin, a squawking bird and Dug, a quivering mass of loyalty. And it is here that all their adventure begins! I loved the plot and the quirky touches in the movie. It made me burst out in laughter at some parts, and in others, it was very heartwarming. Definitely a movie not to be missed.  "Adventure is out there!"
|
/ about me
I'm just an ordinary girl who is blessed with extraordinary people in my life. I have a very supportive family, and living away from
them makes me cherish and love them even more. I have an amazing boyfriend who thinks that I am a piggy but he is my pillar of strength and I love
him very, very much. My best friends are scattered across the world (in KL, Glasgow & London) but no matter the distance, we're always there for
each other. I like to bake. A lot. I don't usually eat much of what I make though, and I'm still trying to be better at it. I like
looking at pretty things - clothes, bags, scrapbook material, typical girls' stuff. I love breakfasts and am always willing to wake up early for it, whether
it's dim sum or kopitiam breakfast or American breakfast. My boyfriend cooks a very mean breakfast! (:
 sparklers, traveling, swimming, yoga, xoxo
 rainbows, snail mail, beaches, pedicures
 tofu, salmon sashimi, Asian cuisine, desserts
 milk, coffee, bubble tea, green tea
 jason mraz, paramore, marie digby (and a lot more)
 the time traveler's wife by audrey niffenegger
 october 4, 1988
gmail and twitter
|
|
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Up, Up And Away! /
9:33 AM
Up has been out in the U.S. since 29th of May 2009 and ever since then I've been dying to watch it. But poor us had to wait till August for the movie to be released here!! Out of desperation, we actually caught a bit of it online from some random website but the quality was so bad, and we could only watch about 15 minutes of the movie before we were told that we had to pay to continue watching the movie! Roar. But I'm so glad we caught it in the cinemas instead last evening. Watching the cranky Carl and the innocent, chubby Russell on screens was sooo much better. As buoyant and richly tinted as the balloons that figure so prominently in its story, Up is also thoroughly grounded in real emotion and ideas of substance. The movie started off with a wordless 4-minute montage that traces the entire relationship between Carl and Ellie, overfilling with emotions. It was so heartwarming to watch the amazing love between the two of them, so strong and able to withstand anything at all. And the rest of the movie is a tremendous tale of unfulfilled dreams and fulfilling promises..  It was really cute to see Carl's house being lifted into the air by thousands of balloons, and then finding out that his solitude in the air was taken away by the presence of Russell hanging on to dear life outside his front door. And miraculously, they survived a storm and made it to Paradise Falls, Venezuela. Ellie's life long dream. Pretty soon they were joined by Kevin, a squawking bird and Dug, a quivering mass of loyalty. And it is here that all their adventure begins! I loved the plot and the quirky touches in the movie. It made me burst out in laughter at some parts, and in others, it was very heartwarming. Definitely a movie not to be missed.  "Adventure is out there!"
|
|